Saturday, February 19, 2011

Greek Bread


Today I made Greek Bread
VERY VERY VERY yummy Greek Bread
Want the Recipe? You know you do.... first of all, its from www.cookingbread.com
But I will put it here too... Because I did change a few things to suite us a little better.



3/4 cup Crumpled Feta Cheese (drained and patted dry if it was packed in Brine)
3 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
1 TBSP sugar
3/4 cup Milk
1/4 cup Water
1 TBSP Olive Oil
1/4 cup Canned sliced Pitted Ripe Olives (drained
1 package (2 1/4 tsp) Active Dry Yeast
1 tsp Salt


In large bowl combine 1 1/2 cups flour, sugar, undissolved yeast, and salt.
Heat milk, water and oil until very warm (not boiling)
Stir into dry ingredients
Stir in Feta, Olives and enough remaining flour to form a soft dough
Knead on a lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic (5 minutes)
Cover, let rest 10 minutes
Roll dough to 12 x 8 inch rectangle
Beginning at Short end, roll up tightly. Pinch seams and ends to seal
Place seam side down in a greased 9 x 5 inch Loaf pan
Cover, let rise in warm draft free place until doubled in size (45 minutes)
Bake 30-45 minutes or until Done in Oven preheated to 375 F
Remove from pan, Cool on wire rack
ENJOY!

Okay... So I didn't change too much, except that I added more cheese and olives... not to the dough, but when you roll it out in a rectangle, I added more olives and cheese then rolled it, cinnamon bun style. I also placed some grated Marble cheese in there too, since we love cheese
In the last 5 minutes of baking, I put a sprinkle of the grated Marble on top of the loaf too
I will definitely be making this one again very very soon!!! I also want to try different fillings instead of just the olives and Feta.
One more thing: I didn't just use the canned black olives, I cut up some of the green olives with the pimentos in it, so there was a lot of color in this loaf.... And I chopped the olives into pieces, not leaving them just sliced, as out of the can.

Crumbling the feta (which I'm not a huge fan of, unless it is cooked, like in this loaf)


Letting it rise in the warmest draft free place that I have... my oven


This is what it looked like straight out of the oven (it was literally straight out of the oven in this photo)


I could hardly wait to cut into this bread and try a piece. Doesn't it look Delicious? You should go make a loaf for yourself, its pretty easy thing to make! And it got me a "you are AMAZING!!!" and a giant smooch from the Boyfriend.




I also made Butternut Squash soup and baked a butternut Squash.... Tomorrow im gonna try my hand at the Acorn Squash and maybe takle the beets that I bought also... Who knows... Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!