Saturday, February 26, 2011

Black Bottom Muffins

I have been holding out on you guys, because this recipe is amazing. BUT we do have a new addition to our family... (way cuter than any tiny human, in my opinion)


I do have another video of Wilson with Ava on my youtube account too... I'll link it here in another post... But now, onto the muffins.... Which are originally from "What the Fruitcake?!" here. and Hers are much much much prettier than mine! But it is a delicious recipe and I am so glad I tried them!



Black Bottom Muffins
Cheesecake
8oz block of Cream Cheese - slightly chilled... Out of fridge for about an hour

1/3 cup Granulated Sugar
1 egg

1/2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract


Beat Cream cheese until smooth.
Add sugar, egg and vanilla, then beat until combined.
Set Aside

Chocolate Sponge
1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour

1 cup Granulated Sugar
1/3 cup Cocoa

1 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Salt

1 cup Water

1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
1 TBSP white Vinegar
1 tsp Pure Vanilla extract

Sift Together Flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
In a separate container, mix water, oil, vinegar and vanilla together
Make a well in the center of dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients into it.
Stir to combine and mix until smooth

Line muffin cups with liners, and Preheat Oven to 375 F

Original recipe called for 12,
I used small sized muffin cups that don't need a muffin tin,
and also mini muffin cups that made little cake bites that were delicious!

(these are the muffin liners I used - only small size, not mini or jumbo)
Divide chocolate batter evenly between liners. Drop a spoonful of the cheesecake batter into the middle (on top of) the chocolate batter. Bake 20-30 minutes until the top is slightly springy to the touch. Cool on a wire rack




This weekend is probably going to nice and quiet, instead of spending every waking second in the kitchen, I'm probably just going to chill with my puppies and help Ava get used to being here.... And also clean up all the puppy poop, because she poops like every hour. The weather is nice today, so I think she gets to go outside for the first time in her life. Hopefully Wilson doesn't take her out when he is running like a crazy dog around the yard.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!