Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Banana Bread

Banana Bread is one of the few things that I always got to make, ever since I was little. Because the ingredients are pretty cheap, and its a pretty easy thing to make, 8 year old me could make this with relatively little supervision (apart from the whole oven part)

Obviously I can make a better Banana bread now than when I was 8.... But you get my point.

So, Tonight I made Banana Bread.
I made it tonight, because I was a little afraid to leave the bananas one more day... They are getting very very very brown, and I didn't think they would make it to the weekend when I have more time, and better light. But without further adu, (and because I am ready to get to bed) this is my banana bread recipe.


1/2 Cup Butter (at room temperature)
1 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
3-4 VERY ripe Bananas
2 cups All Purpose Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
(you can add in Walnuts, or Chocolate chips, sometimes I like to add in some old fashioned Rolled Oats too)

Cream Butter and sugar together. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating until smooth
Add bananas (mash by hand if they are a little hard, otherwise I just throw them in and let the mixer do the dirty work)
In a second bowl, whisk the flour with baking soda, baking powder, and salt (you can also add a teeny bit of nutmeg if you want too)
Add the try ingredients to the wet, and stir until just combined. Try and avoid over stirring, or you will end up with a really heavy dense loaf.
Transfer to a greased loaf pan
Bake at 350 F for about an hour until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Let stand for 10 minutes, then removed from loaf pan and cool on a wire rack.


Sorry for the crappy lighting, and the giant piece missing from it... Boyfriend couldn't resist tasting before I could get the camera in there... AND it is 9pm... with no natural light to speak of

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!