Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Spring Fever

Last night, The sky looked like this:

And then of course, it rained for most of the night (light rain luckily)

Then today, it snowed.. and it is expected to snow again tonight... we are exprected to get about 5-10cm... not a lot.. Except that it is the END OF APRIL!!!


And I have spring fever... Less time in the kitchen, and more time outside... or at least wanting to be outside. I want to plant my garden and I can't wait until I can pick fresh green beans... and strawberries, and whatever other mystery plants are in the flower bed. The only thing I know for sure:



We have Rhubarb!!! so I can make fresh (homemade/homegrown) Strawberry-Rhubarb Jam (cuz i know how to now!!)

I bought some Tomato Plants, and I planted Seeds... Every available surface in front of a South facing window is currently occupied by containers of dirt and plants... JUST WAITING for Spring to actually show up (and frost-free nights of course)



I made Double Ginger Cookies that were Vegan (Joy the Baker)... I'm not in love, but they are definitely growing on me

I've made a lot of muffins... Blueberry/Blackberry/Raspberry/Banana are my favourite so far... And with all the fruit in them, they definitely don't need any added sugar

I made Jam!

The Boyfriend cooked me a Birthday Dinner last night

And I've been working... a lot

So I'm sorry for not being as active on here as I should be... But I have been busy!

And right now, I have to run to the Vet so they can poke my puppy with needles.

Geraniums... inside, because otherwise Old Man Winter will stomp them out :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!