Monday, December 3, 2012

22 Days til Christmas... Oh-no-Gingerbread Man Ornament

Like the snowman tags and the pretty flowery-star thing from the last two days?

Today, I'm going to share a tutorial with you... NOT me giving you a tutorial on how to do
something, but I'll send you the link to it. Because it is easy to follow, and pretty thorough, and the results are amazing. I fell in love with this one as soon as I saw it on Pinterest, but now that he is hanging in front of my face (until we get our tree up), I am even more in love.

The Tutorial and awesome idea come from Elsie Marley. Here is a picture of her beautiful Gingerbread Man. (and totally go and make one for yourself).

Elsie Marley's awesome Gingerbread Man
I was out of ink in my printer, and out of paper also. (REALLY need to go shopping for supplies soon) So I just drew the basic gingerbread man shape onto some scrap paper, and cut that out as a template... Then I made the basic plan for where the bites into his head and leg would be. I used Seed beads (that I thought were black, but they turned out to be navy blue) for his eyes, and since I don't have any button stash or rick rack ribbon, I just used some felt





Then I blanket stitched him up, and put a little fiberfil in him, trimmed off any excess felt from his fancy felt wrist cuffs...




And Ta-Da... ready to hang on the tree... Now we just need to figure out a name for him...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!