Saturday, December 8, 2012

17 Days until Christmas... Spicy Gingersnaps!



I don't remember exactly where I found this recipe, So I have no source, but I have made it so many times, that It is almost engrained into my brain permanently....

Spicy Gingersnaps

2 Cups All Purpose Flour
1 TBSP ground ginger
1 tsp. ground cloves
1 tsp. ground Cinnamon
2 tsp. Baking soda
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/2 cup Butter (softened)
1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
1/2 cup Molasses
1 large Egg
Turbinado Sugar (you can use regular granulated if you prefer)

Combine the dry ingredients (first 6 listed) and whisk together in a small bowl. Set Aside
Cream Butter and Sguar together.
Add molasses and egg - mixing well between each addition.
Mix until well combined.
Slowly (and in batches) add the flour mixture and beat until completely blended.
Cover and Chill for about an hour in the the Fridge (until firm)
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Pour the Turbinado Sugar into a bowl
Roll the chilled dough into balls about 1" in diameter.
Roll the balls into the sugar until evenly covered, then place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Bake for about 12 minutes or until lightly browned and puffed.



ENJOY! I love these cookies and I'm sure you will too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!