Saturday, March 26, 2011

Soon to come: Cinnamon Buns

Ok, I'm back in the kitchen... (I am on my way right now to make some cinnamon buns)

It's been a miserable few weeks... The weather has been depressing, my iPod was stolen from my car, Ava is nowhere near being house trained (every morning we wake up and have to negotiate a field of puddles and land mines), Because of this, Wilson has taken a downward spiral in the house training department too... The wheel fell off the boyfriends car!!! (thankfully he was pulling into a gas station when this happened and not driving in rush hour traffic on Deerfoot), my grandma is in the hospital with pneumonia again (on top of her already serious-enough lung cancer), and did I mention the weather? My feet are soaked all day long... so while last weekend's goal was to let myself feel sorry for myself and wallow in my own self-pity... This weekend, I am actually going to make a decent attempt to pull myself out of it... I'm washing/drying my work boots right now, and will attempt to water-proof them again when they are dry... And I'm back stalking food blogs and just printed off a stack of recipes to try (and then add to my favourite recipe book)
Cinnamon Buns just feels like the best comfort food to help pull one out of a funk
The only bad part is that I need to negotiate and then clean up the mine field that my darling puppy has left for me

Okay, I'll be back soon with some yummy yummy cinnamon buns! and I promised Boyfriend that I would make those Cappuchino Cookies again from Joy the Baker! (new favourite!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!