Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Coconut Chicken



When I went shopping on 10% off day a couple weeks ago, Boxes of frozen chicken breast were on sale, So I snatched some up... And then went on the hunt for new recipes to try with Chicken. That is where this ones comes in. I didn`t follow the recipe exactly, I just kind of measured everything by eye, and by how much coating I wanted, But I am going to share the recipe measurements with you, so you can mix up however YOU like it. I don`t remember where I found it online, so if this is your recipe, Tell me so I can credit you. I found it when my printer was broken, so I only scribbled the directions down on a post it.


Coconut Chicken

6 chicken tenderloins (?)
6 TBSP shredded coconut (unsweetened)
1|4 cup Panko crumbs (Use Panko bread crumbs, they are soooooo much better)
2 TBSP cornflake crumbs (you can buy cornflake crumbs already crumbed, or you can just use a rolling pin and crush your own)
1 egg slightly beaten
Parchment paper lined baking sheet

Preheat the Oven to 375 F
Combine Coconut Flakes, Panko, Cornflake crumbs in a bowl
Put your slightly beaten egg in another bowl
Season your chicken lightly with salt if desired
Dip the Chicken in the egg, and then in the crumb mixture -Making sure all of the chicken gets coated in the crumbs
Place chicken on the baking sheet
Bake for about 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.



I promise to try and get some better pictures next time I make this, but until then, you are stuck with these ones. Try the recipe... My pictures definitely do not do this justice. We LOVED this, and I plan on making it again VERY soon


I completed my May challenge for Daring Bakers on the weekend... Can`t wait to share it with you on the 27th

And, I spent a lot of time Cuddling with my puppies this weekend and catching up on sleep lost while working at the horse show... How could you NOT cuddle with this face though??? She is so adorable sometimes it isn't even funny. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!