Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Ava

If you have read any of my posts in the past, you have probably seen a picture of my puppy... Today is her birthday, and I wanted to share the last year of her life with you. Because she is pretty awesome, and a constant part of my life... The longest I have been away from her is 8 hours when I left her home one day instead of bringing her to the barn with me...  Plus I'm a pretty lucky puppy owner because I have been able to know her for her entire life... ANYWAY... this is my puppy:
Day 1 - Guinea Pig stage... Still wet... not all the puppies are born yet. Ava is the brown one drinking... infront of the brown one with white on her. There were 9 all together... NINE!!!... Poor Cori (the mom)

Look at that big butt.. No wonder she ended up being the biggest puppy in the the litter!


This picture makes me smile EVERY SINGLE TIME... and it melts my heart and brings a little tear to my eye...

"seriously... stop taking my picture"

Ava makes a good pillow


Puppy nap time!


She was the first one to be able to get out of the puppy stall... climbed her way over 2 bales of hay. Sometimes she just chilled out on top of them.  Fun fact- she used to ride on the bale of hay that I was lifting into the wheelbarrow when she was this size... She STILL tries to go for hay bale rides some days. Except that now she is almost bigger than the bale of hay.


ABOVE: back view
BELOW: front view



<3 Long day of work <3


Tippy Supervising Puppy-Play-Time








Icicles don't make very good bones



First collar... and she was not very stoked about it!

It's pretty awesome when you get to cuddle with your brother...



... and your friend Scarlet


...Or both of them...


First hike


Trying to master getting out of the car by herself (its a long way down)



Helping in the kitchen



Playing in the mud  (that face is priceless)


stealing Fire-wood from the stack when you have perfectly good bones and dog toys to chew on... not cool


...helping at work...


"Hiking" at Barrier Lake (and by hiking, I mean, we intended to hike, but instead sat on the beach and let the dogs run around in the sand)







 Sourdough Bread AND Croisont assistant(s)



Sibling love (notice Ava's paw on Wilson's back)

Meeting her real Bio-daddy

CUDDLES.



"Helping" move hay during a wind storm

"Hey Carl, 'sup?"



"Helping" my mom make Lefse


Tasting the Lefse... It was Ava approved


Bath time... SO not impressed... EVERY time she has a bath... She tolerates it, but that is all.






WINTER... (was) here...





The best decision I have made in a while was taking Ava home with me... She is my best friend, and constant companion... We go everywhere together (to home, to work, to sleep... not shopping though , the store people would frown upon that).  There will be a ton more pictures of her on here... AND on intsagram... my new favourite iPhone addiction... FOLLOW ME THERE:
wlizardbreath


1 comment:

  1. Great pictures! Thank you for sharing. You are sooooo lucky to be able to take your pup to work. I feel so bad everyday leaving Oliver at home while we go to work!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!